Saturday, June 20, 2009

Where's Canon?

I can't believe he's going to be 1 next week... I swear I just brought him home yesterday! And he was so tiny that he BARELY fit in his car seat! ... Now his little ramblings make words. He says, 'mummy,' 'daddy,' 'baba,' and 'hi.' A little while back while we were at grandma Dinah's, Paul came into the house and he leaned clear around me and said, clear as a bell, "Hi dad." And when he saw grandpa Branch just a few days ago he got all excited and said, loud and crystal clear, "Hi!' and he said 'Hi' to my friend Rachael all bashful just the other day. About a week ago he was getting all mad when I was getting him dressed (he hadn't eaten in a while) and he said, "Meum, a baba." Sometimes when l leave the room, he'll call for me, "Mommy!" ... and now he's playing peek a boo! He's so smart. He loves me to read to him. His favorite book is this Cookie Monster book called 'Cookies Cookies.' The other day I came downstairs and he unearthed it from his pile of toys and sat it on my lap, haha. He listens really well. He'll sometimes throw 'st' into his little rants, and it's funny because I just don't even think about how often that sound occurs in our speech. The other day he threw together a bunch of the words he knows into a string, like he was making a sentence: 'A baba, momEEE, dada dada dadST.' It just cracked me up! I can't believe it. He's growing up...

Where's Canon?

1 comment:

diana said...

He is so cute! I love his long hair. How fun. I can't believe he is turning one. I wish we could be there for his party. But we'll be there in a month. I can't wait to see him in person. He's such a cutie.

Miss you guys.